We have returned, safe and sound, from our First Big Family Vacation. What a great week! As usual, there were many highlights, and a few lowlights, but all in all, it went a lot better than I thought it was going to. This was my third trip to Maui, and I love it more everytime we go. Such a breathtakingly beautiful place in the world. Ryley and Grace were both awesome on the long plane rides there and back. Ethan had his moments, but then he stressed me out as well. I think I must have changed seats four times in the 5 1/2 hour trip there, and three times on the way back…AAAAHHHH!!!!! I would do it over again in a heartbeat.
My least favorite parts of the week were:
1. Two of my brother’s kids getting a stomach virus on the plane ride there (thank goodness they were not on our plane! They came in a day after us), followed by his third child two days later, and Grace a day after that. I spent the rest of the week terrified that Ryley or Ethan, or me, would get it for the plane ride home. YECK!!!
2. DRAMA in a big way between my mother and my godmother, which I never expected to happen. It was ridiculous to say the least…yelling, tears, pouty parties…..AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
3. Michael lost my camera on the morning of day 3, never to be found again, AND I already had about 50 pictures on it. Still trying to get over that one.
4. Ethan is getting his 2 year old molars, and got a sore on his tongue from constantly drooling and having his fingers in his mouth. It made him quite a joy to be around the last couple of days.
And now for the highlights!!!!!
1. Being with my children, my hubby, my sis and her family, my brother and three of his children, my mother, mil, and godmother in one of the most beautiful places on earth!!
2. Getting to see my mom see Hawaii again for the first time in over 30 years (she cried).
3. Sunsets in Lahaina are indescribable.
4. Snorkeling….so many fish, and sea turtles.
5. Dinner out our first and last nights with just my three, hubby and mil…..amazing food, really good wine, laughter and memories.
6. Knowing that I will carry the memories of this first big trip with me forever.
I’m sad it’s over, but it is so good to be home. It was so awesome to see all the cousins together everyday. We spent most days at the beach in the morning, and at the pool in the afternoon. It’s amazing how even pizza from Costco can taste so much better when eaten with the ocean in view! I missed SHARE, and thought of you all often.