I still consider myself new to this blogging thing – granted I’ve been at it for eight years on a private site. It’s somewhat terrifying to put your life out there to the world. When I get comments and “likes”, it gives me the courage to continue. My posts are a way for family, friends, and teachers to see into our daily lives. It’s my outlet, and my therapy. It is hopefully the first baby step towards the lifelong dream of writing for real.
When a fellow blogger recognizes your work, much less points it out to others, it’s like receiving a surprise gift. And it’s a confidence boost to continue on. So thank you, LillianC (http://lillian888.wordpress.com/), for nominating me for a Liebster Award! I truly appreciate it.
Step 1: List eleven facts about yourself
1. Purple is my favorite color
2. I’m learning more from my children than they’re learning from me.
3. Writing a novel (gulp) is on the 5-year plan
4. So is going back to school to get my Master’s Degree in Literature and Writing
5. I don’t eat fruit, except for Granny Smith apples
6. I love sandwiches (turkey & salami with provolone is my favorite, especially if it’s from Togo’s)
7. I love writing lists. I really love being able to check things off on my lists.
8. I am, and always have been, an avid reader but it’s only been within the past few years I’ve allowed myself to put down a book I really didn’t like without finishing it.
9. A new, fresh notebook or journal makes me very happy
10. Watching my babies sleep can still make me cry.
11. The sunset in Lahaina (or just pictures of it) calms and centers me.
Step 2: Answer the questions put to me by the person who nominated me.
1. What is your best holiday memory? Hands down, no competition my best holiday memory is bringing my micro-preemie home from the neonatal intensive care unit on Christmas Day, 93 long days after his birth.
2. Do you like to collect a particular something? Not intentionally. I do like watches, sunglasses, coffee mugs, wine glasses, and Dooney & Bourke purses. But I don’t set out to have a collection of anything.
3. What frightens you? Hmmm…..dying early and not being around for my kids, or them dying or getting kidnapped. After that, spiders.
4. Which bug do you like best? None…nada, zero, zip. I hate bugs. Oh wait…ladybugs are okay as long as I don’t have to touch them.
5. Who is the person who makes you laugh? My husband.
6. Where do you go when you need to get away from it all? A book store. Or the nail salon.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Watching Sixteen Candles and/or Pride & Prejudice
8. Where would your dream holiday be? I’ve had one of my dream holidays recently (Italy trip). Beyond that, I would love to go to Ireland, Scotland, and England.
9. What is the one talent you wish you had? Decorating. My house is so blah but I have no idea how to make it better.
10. If you could meet three famous people, living or dead, who would you choose? Jane Austen, Abraham Lincoln, and Jimmy Fallon.
STEP THREE: Nominate eleven other blogs who have less than 300 followers
Okay, apparently I need to delve more deeply into the blogging world. Sigh….I have five blogs to nominate. 😉 And I will contact them with their notifications and questions on a fresh day.