Things I’m pretty sure my family doesn’t know exist:
1) The “Off” half of light switches
2) Dishwasher handle
3) Dish brush to actually rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher
4) Our laundry room
5) The handle to the cabinet in which our trash and recycling bins are kept
6) A grocery store anyone but moms can shop in
7) The back half of the refrigerator. Heck, the whole thing for that matter as they can’t seem to see what’s right in front of their faces when they open the doors.
8) The on/off button that is actually on the television. If they can’t find the remote, they don’t know how to turn it on or off.
9) Ditto for the DVR
10) The pole upon which clothes are supposed to hang in their closets. Their clothes are typically on their floors, on a chair, hanging over the end of their beds, on their desks….anywhere but hanging in their closets.
11) Ditto the inside of the drawers in their dressers
12) The floor of our family room, as it’s usually covered with Legos, books, Nerf guns, blankets, and backpacks and thus not visible to the naked eye.
13) The trash can in the garage. When they play out there, they usually leave their soda cans and food wrappers just laying around, despite the fact there’s a bright orange, rather large trash bin right there.
15) Our dining room. When I tell them something is “in the dining room,” they look at me like I’ve just added a new room to the house. We’ve lived here for 12 years.
16) My sanity. They don’t see it very often because of 1-15 above. It’s like some endangered species around here.