I have to thank Danielle over at Shining the Light for nominating my little blog for a Liebster Award. It’s been something of a crazy year thus far for me and my Herd. Receiving acknowledgement and kudos from other bloggers…well, it just makes it all worth it.
Here are the Liebster rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you. Thanks Danielle! You truly made my weekend.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them.
4. Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer .
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
The questions I was given:
- Why do you blog? I blog as my outlet. It helps me process whatever we’re going through. It’s also another way for family to keep up with what’s going with us. I hope in some way it helps other parents of either preemies or autism spectrum kiddos. Lastly, because at heart I’m a writer. I’m praying if I keep at this, someday I’ll actually have the courage to write that book.
- What is your favorite thing to do on a sunny Sunday afternoon? My favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon is to turn on a baseball game, preferably my Oakland A’s, get comfy in my recliner, and take a nice snooze.
- Do you have siblings? How many? Interesting fact about each? This is a loaded question without meaning to be. I’m from a blended family. I have a full brother, a full sister, a half brother, a half sister, and two step-sisters, if we’re being technical. They are my siblings, regardless of whatever technical term actually applies. My oldest sister passed away from cancer almost six years ago. My oldest brother used to race motorcycles, and still works in that field. My big brother runs marathons, despite having numerous surgeries on both knees. My sister T makes amazing Thai food. My sister K gave me the greatest gift by letting me be her labor coach with her daughter. My baby sister A works with special needs kids.
- Who is your favorite author to read? Current author, JoJo Moyes. All time author, Jane Austen.
- What was your favorite subject in school? Literature
- If you read the bible, what is the verse you turn to for encouragement? I do read the Bible. My encouraging verse is Philippians 4:13 which says, “I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me.”
- If you are a christian, what is your salvation story/testimony? I grew up in the church. I don’t ever remember not knowing Christ is my Savior.
- Who do you turn to when you need to laugh? Shoulder to cry on? First, my husband. Second, The Girls (my group of friends whom I text with every day as they live all across the country.)
- What is your guilty pleasure? Oh geez…Hmmm…Watching Sixteen Candles or other teen movies from my youth. Playing Candy Crush. Reading trashy novels.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? My Daddy helping me reel in my first fish.
- If you were to brag about something, what would it be? My amazing kids.
The blogs I nominate are:
Okay, I know that isn’t 11 but I have to go pick up the kids soon!
Here are my questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What’s your favorite food?
3. What book stays with you long after you finish reading it?
4. Who is your inspiration?
5. Describe your typical day? d
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
7. Who is in your Herd?
8. What song takes you back?
9. If you could sit down and chat with one US President, who would it be?
10. What makes you cry, every single time?
11. What is your dream vacation?