It’s late Friday afternoon. I have spent the last six days undoing all we put together for the fundraiser we held last Saturday night (a VERY successful night, but that’s a story for another day). Add to that two dance nights (we ditched Monday night because I was falling asleep by 5pm), a competition team party, one awards ceremony, and our elementary school art festival (which included four hours helping set up), and I am tired. I’m counting down to getting back home from taking the Princess to her babysitting job, and the wine will be poured. We have five more school days. Sigh. With all that in mind, I’m creatively tapped. So, you’re getting a list of my guilty pleasures, and I’m hoping you’ll share some of yours.
- Candy Crush. I know, I know. But can’t you just hear the music in your head? What level did you reach before you finally quit? I’m currently on 386. Some nights when I close my eyes to go to sleep, I can see the game in my mind and start moving the candies.
- Reading trashy novels. I have a literature degree, but after five years of reading what someone else told me to read, I needed a break. So started the trashy novel obsession. They’re brain candy. I can sometimes, if I have nothing else going on, read two of them in one day. My favorite genre is historical romance, why, I have no idea.
- She’s All That. Have you seen it? It’s your typical geek-turned-prom queen with the help of the Popular Guy, coming of age movie, but I love it. She’s so sarcastic and puts him through the ringer. And he’s just so dang nice, but also somewhat clueless. I think I like it because they learn something from each other. And, of course, it has a happy ending. I watch it every time I come across it showing on whatever random channel. I also have it on DVD.
- Glee music. I loved that show. I miss that show already. Some days, when I really feel the need to sing, I will turn on my Glee playlist, close all the windows, and belt it out.
- Books. I know I should go to the library, but there’s something about owning a book. And I don’t usually have the patience if a book is on a wait list at the library. I have the Kindle app on my iPad, and my Amazon account gets a workout.
- Taking myself to lunch, by myself. Ahhhhh….I don’t have to ask anyone where they want to go. I don’t have to talk to anyone. I can sit there with my yummy food and a good book, and just enjoy the calm.
- Smell good candles. Bath & Body loves when I walk in the door, which is typically when they put their candles on sale. I burn candles all the time. Ditto their lotion. My favorite flavors are Moonlight Path and Japanese Cherry Blossom.
- Cheesecake. I’m not much of a dessert person, but I do love cheesecake, and find it hard to pass up.
- Diet Coke. I gave up soda, for the most part, a few years ago. But there’s something about a super cold, icy, soda fountain Diet Coke. I don’t eat at McDonald’s anymore, but I do love their Diet Coke the best.
- Shoes. I. Love. Shoes. I especially love shoes with really high heels, maybe because I’m short. I love the way my legs look when I’m wearing heels. There’s just something empowering about wearing heels, for me anyways. But I also love running shoes (Brooks Ghost) and flip flops (Havianas).
- Pens and paper. I could spend hours in office supply and stationery stores. If I find a smooth-writing purple pen, it’s mine. A blank notebook is a little slice of heaven.
- Peanut butter and chocolate anything. Oh man…whoever first figured out that combination, I love him/her. Again, I’m not much of a sweets person, but give me a good Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, or peanut butter mixed into chocolate ice cream….MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm
- Water bottles, wine glasses, and coffee cups. I get one – or three – every time we travel.
So, what are some of your guilty pleasures? Please do share. And Happy Friday!