Happy Friday all! I woke up hoping a nap would happen today. How about you? I’d briefly woken up at 3:45am, and was just falling back to sleep – and I mean, in that feel-your-whole-body-twitch way – when the lovely Yorkie decided she needed a potty break. And then I couldn’t fall back to sleep, for almost an hour. Dang dog. Spouse is as good about getting up with her as he was when the kids were babies. Selective hearing. He has insomnia all the time, except when the dog needs to go out in the middle of the night. Since the kids are out of school in just over an hour, I don’t see a nap happening. I’m not a power napper. It has to be at least an hour, or I end up more cranky and disoriented than when I started.
So, since a nap isn’t on my horizon, and I need to get this post done before my arms totally give out (Pilates FIT class this morning – my arms and legs are still shaking), here are my Friday Favorites for this week……
- The Worrying Things post Exceptional Twice, Exceptionally Nice made me giggle, mostly because it sounded like most mornings in the Herd household.
- Warrior Mom 76 wrote a thought-provoking post about a family hike. It’s one of my Friday Favorites because the photos are beautiful, and I love the idea that we’re led to a certain place at a certain time, and brought to certain people for a certain reason. It’s our job to figure what that reason is, and then do something with it.
- The Of You poem at My Friday Blog took me back to a few post-breakups.
- Ipockolypse was nominated for The Lovely Blog Award, which is well-deserved. Check it out, and you’ll see why.
- Joeyfully Stated wrote a hilarious look at her kids learning to ride bikes, and what that showed about each child’s personality. The meme caught my eye first because a) I have three kids, and b) it’s totally true.
- I’m into quotes right now. You should see the book I’m currently reading – it’s highlighted all over the place. Anyhoo…the Best Quotes Ever post on Adoption = caught my attention. And I love the quotes.
- Opinionated Man needs a little sympathy today. Go give him some love at A Good Blog is Hard to Find. We’ve all felt that pain, right?
- Did you know it’s National Cheeseburger Day? Here’s your weekly dose of Cute Overload honoring the cheeseburger. mmmmmmmm….cheeseburgers……