First off, isn’t it great I missed a week awhile back and didn’t have Friday Favorites #13 on Friday the 13th? I’m not much of a superstitious person, but that would be a bit much even for me. Second, today, well this whole entire week actually, has been insane. The open tabs at the top of my screen number in the 20’s right now. If I accidentally include a link to the ballet trunks my daughter needs for Nutcracker, you’ll know why, and I apologize in advance. Third, I learned today that taking a dog and a cat to the vet at the same time – even with the cat secured in a carrier – is a lot like taking three kids to have their Holiday portraits done. STRESSED!!! And sopping with sweat by the time we were done. Doesn’t help it’s 82 degrees on November 20th.
What are all my American blogging friends doing for Thanksgiving? Can I just tell you how excited I am to not set a 5:45am alarm for a week? My joy over that is exceeded only by that of not dealing with dropoff or pickup lines for nine days. And the dance studio is closed all week, outside of a corps rehearsal for Nutcracker on Monday morning, and her usual class/rehearsal marathon tomorrow. I get to see my Daddy, which makes me one very happy girl. And the kids and I -maybe Spouse too, if he’s so inclined – will go see the last Hunger Games movie, which has become a Thanksgiving tradition for us over the last few years. Anyone seen it yet? Is it good? Please, please, please, let it be good!
But I digress……
Lots of good reads out there today. I was trying to read and select quickly, but my feed kept loading with new posts. So today’s list is a little long. Take a gander at a few at least. They’re worth it.
- A Momma’s View shared probably one of the most amazing messages to come out of last week’s attacks in Paris. Would that we all could be a little more like this man who has lost so much, but refuses to give the terrorists what they want most, our fear and hatred.
- OM at Harsh Reality frequently gives bloggers the opportunity to share their links. He’s an awesome encourager of writers, and he’s great at networking. He responds quickly to comments. And he’s just a great guy in general. Go read, and share your link! It’s an easy way to connect with other bloggers. His blog reviews are spot on as well.
- Matt on Not-Wordpress posted a gorgeous photo, especially if you’re a fan of libraries and books. This looks like my personal heaven.
- Another photo caught my attention today, this one at The Daily Blabber. I love turtles! And this feels a lot like my life in that dropoff loop.
- If you don’t like peanut butter and chocolate together, I’m afraid we can’t be friends. This recipe posted on Be Like Water looks incredible. I’ll be trying this out, for sure. Oh, those pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes I pointed out last week…..ahhhhh…..ambrosia.
- Please, please go read My Least Favorite Child Today, particularly if you need something lighthearted and hilarious. I had Irish twins, I can’t imagine what having twins is like. He brings it home. And there’s just something about dad’s writing about their kids.
- Holley at Chasing Destino shared Chapter 1. I am intrigued. Why is she in the boat? Who’s blood is it? I WANT MORE Holley!!!!
- Mr. Mum is a stay-at-home dad. Maybe I relate because I’m a stay-at-home mom (which is a huge oxymoron, because I’m almost never actually “at home”). Anyhoooo…he wrote today about his life these days, and how his “job” probably isn’t anything like his younger self imagined. I go through this a lot. Can you relate? Are you what you thought you’d be when you grew up?
- Geoff at TanGental writes some amazing stuff. His short story this morning…just wow. Have you stayed in touch with people who were such a huge part of your life way back when? Do you know their hardships? Their accomplishments? And do we really see people when we see them?
- Fisticuffs and Shenanigans showed supreme self-awareness with this post this morning. Teachers are awesome, just sayin.
- I did not know that the Macy’s in Union Square in San Francisco did their Holiday windows with rescue pets up for adoption. If I didn’t already have a herd, I’d probably head up there. Cute Overload is spreading awareness.
- Jacqueline at a cooking pot and twistedtales was talking Bond this morning, James Bond…and Bond girls. Who’s your favorite Bond, and if you could be a Bond girl, which would it be?
- And who doesn’t love golden/English golden retriever pups, or jewels? Here’s your double-dose of Cute Overload for the week. Aren’t those faces just precious?
Crackers!!! That was 13 links on Friday Favorites #13. Now I’m REALLY glad #13 wasn’t last week on Friday the 13th. Creepy!!