Oh my friends…how long has it been since a real Friday Favorites? Just when you think life is going to settle down……..Two weeks ago, I was in Big Bear for a scrapbooking weekend (yay!), and last week, the Princess had a dance competition (blog post coming). I think I have finally worked out a good routine during the week to balance work, kids/home/pets, and taking care of me, but it doesn’t leave much time for writing. I plan to work on that. But since the craziness for this week with the big job ended last night, I found myself with time today to go WordPress lurking. I feel like I haven’t seen my virtual friends in forever! It’s been an awesome afternoon hanging out with y’all (No, I’m not southern, but my mom’s momma was…that counts, right?), so I finally have a real live return to Friday Favorites! Go read some good stuff, or not…
- This little snippet from bluebird of bitterness just made me laugh. I had to share.
- If you have a child on the spectrum, you know there’s a delicate balance between pushing your child (aka therapy), and accommodating him. It’s difficult for me as his mom, much less for me to ask someone who spends 6.5 hours with him a day, to decipher his mood and respond accordingly. Shawna at Not The Former Things had some insight she received in a comment to one of her posts. Okay, peeps, it gave me chills, and a few tears. Go read this. If you have an autistic child, you’ll be nodding your head. If you don’t have an autistic child, you’ll learn something.
- Colleen, aka Chatter Master, at The Chatter Blog shared a note from a friend. We all need friends like this in our lives, especially if they write cool notes like this.
- Ahhhhh….poetry that makes me see pictures in my head, like this one at Elan Mudrow.
- A lot of life is about perspective. We may not think we like something, or that it’s defective, until we turn it around. This particular gem at Bzirkworld makes that evident.
- There were so many posts from Jason, A Opinionated Man, today….I had a hard time choosing one. This, Shattered Glass, in the end was my winner for the afternoon.
- I find myself just loving words lately, and the way gifted writers use them, thus the poetry-filled shares today. But this one by Alisa Hutton on The Daily Crapper is beautifully crafted.
And now, you’re probably wondering where your Cute Overload link is…..I was destroyed to find out today they are no more. Oh, the site is still there, but no more posts. I’m so sad. So, for now, you’ll have to do with a picture of my littlest pet, Maizy. She, rightfully, assumed the new giant pillow pet that came into the house was her new bed. Imagine her surprise when we informed her it belonged to one of her humans?