I’m going to start making up a number for whatever Friday Favorite this is. I can never remember, and I’m too lazy to look it up every time. Hey – novel idea…maybe I’ll just use the date. Duh. That would have been easier right out of the gate, right?
First, I have to say “Thank you” for all the kind words of support you gave me yesterday. Today has been better, much less emotional and much more rational. The pain is less. The lump is the same. My mental state is about 1000% better. It helps to be surrounded by beautiful family and an amazing community of friends who have all reached out.
Baseball is back on my television, which makes me oh so happy. I don’t recognize many of the names after the first couple of innings, but it brings an inner peace just to hear the crack of the bat, the ball hitting the glove, the umpire’s calls, the sound of vendors selling popcorn and peanuts in the background.
How was your week? What are the exciting weekend plans? Anyone on Spring Break already? We have two more weeks of school. Between work, dance, follow up appointments, golf, and school activities, it’s going to be a race to the finish line.
Here’s the list of today’s favorites…
- Do you love the library? Or would it matter to you if libraries closed? I used to love the library when I was younger. As life circumstances have changed, and electronic books came into being, I tent to buy books more frequently than borrow them from the library. Plus, I’m not often patient enough to deal with a waiting list when I can drive down the street to the big book store and just buy it, or hop on Amazon and have it delivered to my iPad within seconds. Geoff at TanGental shares his thoughts on the library, and some library fiction with his post, Snuggling Between the Covers.
- The Persistent Platypus wrote something today I really needed. When life throws you curves, it’s easy to get mired in how bad it is. We aren’t promised easy lives, though, just that we aren’t alone.
- I’m a grammar geek, so I love grammar memes. Here’s this one, shared by booksandopinions.com
- Oh my gosh….Did you see War Games way back in the day? Mr. Siler at Infinitefreetime.com titled his post today with the words that came on the computer screen at the beginning of that movie. His post didn’t talk about the movie, but the titled captured my attention, and I was intrigued enough to read. Go check it out..and share your opinion on his topic. I find it VERY interesting.
- If you’ve followed the Herd for any amount of time, you know I’m a runner. I loved this post by Running Sunflower. It says exactly everything I would say to running.
- Again going back to my little emotional meltdown yesterday, this post from a cooking pot and twisted tales reminded me years are short, no day is guaranteed, and to take each day and live it fully.
- Then there’s this post from International Bellhop because some days, you just want to run away, and need to imagine a good place to go.
- Oh lordy but I am so over this year’s presidential election. It’s embarrassing and ridiculous the way it’s going down. I’d love to hear thoughts from our international readers on it. Truly. I can’t even watch any of the debates and am getting close to banning the news in our house until it’s over. Colleen at Chatter Master says tells it spot on.
- And finally, animals. This week needs some pet pictures. This post at Chris the Story Reading Ape’s Blog just made me smile. Enjoy!