You’re not imagining things…..this is an actual Friday Favorites post! I know, it’s been quite some time. I got off the rails when we were on vacation last month (oh wait, that was in March, wasn’t it?), and then life has just been a wee bit nutty. I believe I may have mentioned once or twice – or maybe five times – that cheer for the Princess is at 6am, Monday-Friday, yes? Big Man has had at least three golf matches and/or tournaments a week for the last month. His season ended Wednesday with the best 9-hole match he’s played in his young life (he shot a 44), but yet it wasn’t enough for his team to win and the entire Varsity team advance to league. Ah well. And then work has been event after event after event. I’m just digging out from under, but now have to get ready for the end-of-the-school-year insanity, as well as our own annual fundraiser. Add to all this fabulous-ness, I developed a massive, intense, pervasive case of vertigo. It’s better than when it started, but holy crackers, this is serious stuff. I never understood that before when people would talk about bouts with vertigo. It’s like being on a rollercoaster 24/7, even waking me up during the night, my brain spinning. But you don’t want to read about my trails and tribulations. You’re here for the favorites, right? Here you go….
For your enjoyment:
- I needed a good laugh today. I’ve been a weepy mess all week for whatever reason. A Momma’s View shared a good one today. Go read it. I dare you not to laugh.
- If you’ve followed me for any period of time, you’re aware I LOVE to read. I have a Goodreads goal of 52 books this year, so I’m always on the lookout for suggestions. Blu Chicken Ninja does book reviews here and there, and I was happy to see her post today, especially when I clicked the link and saw the beauty she was sharing. Seriously. This book is so pretty! Some books you just need to stare at for awhile. This is one.
- I get to see my bestest-bestie once a year, at least. We frequently try to squeeze in another visit, but we can count on that one in the fall pretty much every year. Even though we talk every day, we live for that long weekend we get to spend together. That’s why Rebecca’s post at How Do I Grown Up is earning a link today. She described the lead-up to that long weekend with my bestest-bestie to a T. Have an amazing weekend with your bestest-bestie, Rebecca!
- I have a degree in English Lit. There are blog posts and social media posts which make my eyeballs bleed. I know I take liberties with the English language in my posts, but I try to adhere to the rules of grammar. I’ve seen the video bluebird of bitterness shared today, but it made me laugh once again, so I’m sharing it with you.
- As I wrote recently, I am struggling mightily lately being nice to myself. Negative self-speak has taken a very loud hold of my brain. It’s difficult to overcome, but I’m working on it. Knowing I’m not the only person facing those negative voices gives me comfort. We do need to be kind to ourselves, but why is that learned behavior? Why do we have to give ourselves permission to be kind to ourselves, and why do we feel guilty when we actually do put ourselves first? Jessica, aka Not The Average Momma, shares her Kindness challenge, being kind to herself. I hope it inspires you as it did me.
- I’ve linked Josh’s fiction before, because he’s good. Check out what he wrote today. Then delve a little deeper into My Friday Blog. You won’t regret it.
- Have you ever gone back and re-read childhood favorites as an adult? It’s really cool! Last year, I re-read all the Anne of Green Gables books. I loved it. The Harry Potter books came out when my babies were babies, so I can’t have the experience of a childhood perspective to compare to an adult perspective, but with the new book coming out soon, I may have to re-read the 7 books anyways. Check out BookPeople’s Blog on this exact thing. Will you be re-reading them again?
- And finally, because we must have a pet post, here’s A Small Press Life‘s Duncan doing his best to be a distraction.
Hope you have a great weekend!